City Football Schools and British Study Centres are delighted to welcome enthusiastic boys and girls players to the City Football Language School in New York in 2018!
A unique and inspiring football and language programme, an exciting opportunity for young players to experience Manchester City’s training philosophy and methodology in the USA.
TRAIN AT MERCY COLLEGE
Players will be based at Mercy College, the 66-acre New York City area college campus situated in the breathtaking natural environment of Dobbs Ferry, on the Hudson River.
Mercy College is an outstanding college campus and inspirational facility in the New York City area where players can thrive in a safe and positive environment. It is a short drive away from Yankee Stadium and perfectly situated to experience the exciting area of New York.
DEVELOPING ENGLISH SKILLS
Delivered by qualified teachers with a passion for football, English language sessions draw on interactive technology to make learning an enjoyable and memorable experience.
In 30 hours of off-pitch learning, players will improve English communication skills by completing a dedicated journey through the world of football, discovering life as a player, a manager, an analyst and a journalist. Each morning they will learn about key elements of the profession, and each afternoon they will put these skills into practice in real-life activities, such as:
- Press conference and media interviews
- Football analysis and punditry
- Match commentating and discussion
- Video and written journalism projects
EXPERIENCE NEW YORK CITY
In the evenings players can relax with friends in social activities at the Mercy College residence, such as team-building games and sports nights.
At the weekend, players will get to see the sights of New York City on a full-day excursion covering a range of world-famous attractions in the city.
PLAY BEAUTIFUL FOOTBALL
Delivered by City Football Schools coaches who are experienced in Manchester City’s philosophy and methodology, football training sessions will provide an authentic insight into how Manchester City players train on a daily basis.
Players will receive 30 hours of football coaching throughout the programme, where coaches will continually integrate and reinforce learning both on and off the pitch. Football coaching will focus on key areas such as:
- Development of individual techniques and skills
- Team play and working together
- Improved understanding of how City perform through playing games
- Challenging 1v1 practices
All players will stay in high quality residential accommodation located on-site at Mercy College.
- Single and twin bedrooms with study desk and Wi-Fi
- Full-board meals (all meals served at Mercy College café; packed-lunches provided at the weekend)
- 24-hour security
- Excellent sports facilities
- Free laundry provided for training kit; laundry facilities available for personal items at extra cost
- On-site residential campus
- 13 nights accommodation
SAFETY & WELFARE
The safety and welfare of our players is our number one priority. Our trained teams are on-site at all times and have a wide range of experience in working with young people.
We also have a dedicated Welfare Manager to support our players with any worries or concerns they may have.
- Dedicated on-site team
- 24-hour supervision
- Staff to student ratios (16:1 English language and coaching sessions; 10:1 residence)
- Trained first-aiders on-site
- Airport meet and greet available
- Unaccompanied minor service available
- Police background checks on all staff
- Secure training facilities
- Female staff available on girls programme